New for 2022, we’re taking bookings for our Gender Awareness Training!
On February 8th we’re delivering an online Gender Awareness Training aimed at freelancers, individuals and smaller organisations. You can book a place here.
UPDATE – MARCH 2022 – Book a place on this session on Tue 5 April at 6pm here.
This session is designed to pass on knowledge and best practice enabling your team to better serve and meet the needs of clients, customers and service users of all genders, particularly those who fall under the Transgender umbrella.
Drawing upon our extensive experience in meeting the needs of the LGBTQIA community in creating safe and inclusive events, this session covers;
- Context. Where are we at with Trans Rights in the UK?
- Terminology. Words have impact. We explore definitions and when to use.
- Best practice. Looking at case studies and practical steps to implement, in order to be inclusive of transgender and gender diverse people.
- Sharing experiences. Stories help us make sense of the world. We use practical exercises to help develop understanding.
We cover topics including, language, intersectionality, non binary identities, gender in a global context, feminism, LGBTQ+ herstory and transgender health and equality and the law.
In doing so you will;
- Feel more confident in your knowledge of the experiences of people who identify as LGBTQ+.
- Understand what gender inclusive language is and when to use.
- Understand the practical steps to help build gender inclusive practices and spaces.
- Take away your own resource sheet with content covered in the session along with further advice and resources.
It was an informative, inspiring and thought provoking session with a friendly facilitator! Thanks!– Previous Training Participant
This online training session is designed as 2.5 hour session which is inclusive of a 10 minute break. Places are limited in order to facilitate meaningful group discussions. We are offering places on a sliding scale depending on your individual or organisation’s income level.
This training is delivered by Andro and Eve’s Artistic Director Finn Warman who has 12 years experience leading CPD sessions and training for education professionals, artists, and higher education students. Found out more about Finn here.
If you have any questions about this session, please feel free to get in touch. Our Gender Awareness training is still available to book for organisations. Find out more about our bookable Gender Awareness Training here.